6.23.2009

Team in Training: Oh My...

So I needed a quick break from working and decided to finally look up the course for the Kaua'i Marathon. In hindsight, I probably should've done so as soon as we started training. That said...here it is: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=251760.

If you check out the Maps API on Satellite View, it looks as if it'll be gorgeous. That is, until you click on the Elevation Profile underneath. Eeks! The first 7+ miles are uphill!!!!!!

It's a good thing we're training in San Francisco; at least there are plenty of hills to train on. That said, the Kaua'i climb is ~825 feet, just ~10% shy of the tallest elevations in San Francisco. That might make it tough to simulate the actual course during training, but maybe we'll work a run up Twin Peaks or Mt. Davidson into the schedule. It'll be a much sharper incline, but still a good wake up call for what lies ahead. Then, I can roll back down, as I likely will if/when I make it over the hump in Kaua'i.

No comments: